Progress Reports and Learner Conferences
Friday, June 16th
Learner Progress Reports
On Friday June 23 you will receive your child’s learning progress report. Progress reports will communicate progress towards Essentials and Exploration course objectives and criteria.
Facilitators will use evidence of learning data and their professional judgment to select the appropriate achievement level. Please see the chart below for details.
As well as learning progress, reports will also include attendance and will recognise Core Value nominations the learner has received. Reports will not include comments from Facilitators as we value face to face communication through learner conferences to communicate learners strengths and areas of growth.
As well as this report, we encourage you to view your child’s learning progress through our learning management system Headrush, you can see the tasks set, evidence of your child’s learning and facilitator judgments and feedback.
After receiving the progress report, parents and caregivers are able to make a time to meet with subject facilitators to discuss the progress report and learning. The times for these are Tuesday 27th and Wednesday 28th from 1-6pm and Thursday from 1-3pm
Please sign up here if you haven’t already.
|Research and Investigation|
|Mathematics||Knowledge and Understanding||
|Investigating patterns and solving problems – assessed in Term 3 and 4|
|Applying mathematics in real world contexts – assessed in Term 3 and 4|
|Science||Knowledge and Understanding||
|Inquiring and designing|
|Processing and evaluating – assessed in Term 3 and 4|
|Reflecting on the impacts of science – assessed in Term 3 and 4|
|Healthy Citizens||Knowledge and Understanding||
|Reflecting, connecting and growing|
|Liger Explorations||Liger’s core values||
Below expected growth
Achieved expected growth
Exceeded expected growth
|Liger’s leadership competencies|
|Learning and applying knowledge and skills||
What do the descriptors mean?
- The learner produces work of limited quality that is approaching expectations for their year level.
- Learning is impacted by misunderstandings or significant gaps in understanding.
- Limited demonstration of critical or creative thinking.
- Limited in the use of knowledge and skills and infrequently applying knowledge and skills effectively.
- The learner produces generally high-quality work with a good level of understanding that meets expectations.
- Demonstrates critical and creative thinking, sometimes with sophistication.
- Uses knowledge and skills in familiar and real-world situations and, and with support, some unfamiliar real-world situations
- The learner produces evidence of high-quality, frequently innovative learning that communicates a comprehensive and nuanced understanding.
- Consistently demonstrates sophisticated critical and creative thinking.
- Frequently transfers knowledge and skills with independence and expertise in a variety of complex classroom and real-world situations.
Values and leadership competencies
- Below expected growth
- Achieved expected growth
- Exceeded expected growth